Back to School Tips for staying healthyAugust 9, 2017
Essential Oils for NervesSeptember 14, 2017
There are 10 basics to know for green cleaning. “Green” is a buzz word in the industry and doesn’t really mean much unless these things are in place.
- They must be plant based
- Chlorine free (NO BLEACH)
- Ammonia free
- No perfume, synthetic fragrances or dyes
- Phosphate free
- Solvent free
- Must have an ingredient list (Full disclosure)
- Basic, simple ingredients
No synthetic chemicals
I, for one (being Chemically sensitive) have found that there are safe and green ways to clean my home.
- White distilled vinegar works beautifully for wood floors, to kill mold, clean toilets, wash windows and mirrors, clear clogged drains (when used with baking soda) clean counter tops and to wash clothes.
- Baking soda is a beautiful scrub and makes for an action packed washing experience when mixed with vinegar. Can be tough on stains and dirt when mixed with club soda and castile soap.
- Hydrogen peroxide kills germs. It is excellent against all needs for germ fighting except don’t use it full strength when around fabrics, carpet etc. unless you have tested it first. It does have a bleaching action.
- Essential oils for cleaning Thieves!!! My favorite!! Smells wonderful and cleans beautifully! Stain remover (test first) Lemon for floors and wood with a carrier oil. Tea Tree, Sweet Orange, Rosemary, Lemongrass, Thyme and Lavender are all wonderful additions to any cleaning need!!! Experiment and enjoy how lovely your home and laundry will smell. I put drops on wool balls in the dryer in place of toxic dryer sheets.
Don’t use anything that says “scents last for weeks” Those scents are full of dangerous chemicals with Phthalate which are known neurotoxins. that accumulate in tissue. They are linked to endocrine disruption, developmental and reproductive disorders and cancer.
Your home can be a safe and beautiful place without ANY NEED for chemicals. Think of all the money you will save and the health of your children, grand children, pets and those with chronic illness’s will be all the better because you made the switch!!! Good for you!!! Here’s to your healthy, happy home!!