There are some amazing foods that can actually increase your supply of brain neurotransmitters, stabilize your blood sugars and improve the nutritional status of your cells.
1) Start with your proteins organic lean meats, eggs, seafood, nuts and nut butters, quinoa, chickpeas and whole cultured dairy products.
2) Eat more foods high in Omega-3, from fish to flax seeds
3) Eat foods rich in vitamin D, such as eggs and oily fish
4) Eat foods high in vitamin B, from chicken, avocados, whole grains, leafy green vegetables and bananas
5) Unprocessed carbs with plenty of fiber such as whole grains (non GMO & organic) Yams and sweet potatoes with the skins on, brown rice, barley and oats (which can now be found gluten free)
6) Foods which encourage healthy digestion such as fermented vegetables, yogurt, sprouted flax seeds, sauerkraut, bone broths.
7) Avoid caffeine and alcohol. Both are capable of affecting your hormones and energy, one acting as a stimulant and one as a depressant.