Animals 101 Part OneJuly 27, 2017
Green CleaningAugust 15, 2017
It’s quickly coming up on the back to school season. It can be a wonderful time for the kids and the parents but it can also be stressful. Here are my top ten back to school tips for staying healthy:
- I am going to start with the essential oils. Thieves is BY FAR the best oil for protecting, works on surfaces and for boosting the bodies that need to stay strong for school days! I recommend putting it on the bottom of your feet before bed, diffusing, purchasing a cute little Thieves spray from Young Living and inhaling from your palms and rubbing over your thymus (chest) at the first sign feeling run down. There are also lozengers with Thieves in them and the oil Stress away which works beautifully to balance the emotions that can come from starting school. Contact me for more information and to order
- Vitamin C) Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant which enhances to function and production of antibodies and white blood cells, which are key components of warding off invaders. It is found in citrus fruits, berries, cabbage, parsley, brocoli and I personally take a C formula with Acerola/ Bioflavanoids by Natures Plus.
- Zinc) Zinc is an incredibly important mineral found in animal product and in smaller quantities grains, nuts and seeds. Zinc is better absorbed when taken with protein. Don’t take more than 15 mg a day.
- Garlic) Garlic is a little wonder of sulfuric compounds that are powerful enough to wipe out bacteria. Raw garlic is the way to enjoy it, which can also lower blood pressure and cholesterol, fights infection and kills parasites in the body.
- The beauty of color….What I love about fall is the colorful vegetables that find their way into soups and stews. Beets, sweet potatoes, red capsicum, pumpkin, broccoli and rainbow chard, leeks and green onions all bring the antioxidants and immune boosting properties into the body to keep it strong.
- Bone Broth) Bone broth is an amazing, health giving way to add an extra shield of strength to your family. There are some great recipes for it on the internet or if that is not how you roll, you can purchase already prepared bone broth at your health food stores.
- Sleep) It seems like an oxymoron to say sleep is necessary for your wellness but truly, turn off the computer, take a warm bath, add some lavender or jasmine or stress away to your pulse points and get some sleep!!!!!
- Spices) There are some beautiful spices that reduce inflammatory markers in the body. Ginger, Turmeric, Garlic, Curcumin, Garlic, have all been shown to reduce inflammation. White willow bark (providing you are not sensitive to aspirin) works well
- Homeopathy) As a retired Holistic Dr. I have been privileged to observe how incredibly powerful homeopathy is and how safe!!! My all time favorite is a product called Oscillococcinum by Boiron. It is a miracle worker when taken at the first sign of a flu. Feeling run down, headache, body aches, fever, chills…pop open a tube under the tongue and prepare to feel better!!!!
- Prayer) The final suggestion is prayer. Prayer lowers your stress levels, which enhances your sense of well being and the ability to go with the flow. It buffers your spirits, which enhances your Immune system and balances your stress hormones.